Supervisor's Office
Town Clerk
Town Board
Tax Collector
Justice Court
Local Elected Officials

Woodbury Town Hall

Hours: 8AM - 4PM
Monday - Friday
511 Route 32
P.O. Box 1004
Highland Mills, NY 10930
Phone: (845) 928-6829 Ext. 7
Fax: (845) 928-7380
E-mail: info@

Frequently Asked Questions

FOIL Requests

Get E-ZPass Tags





Town Clerk
Desiree Potvin, Town Clerk, Registrar, Notary
Frances Huang,
Deputy Town Clerk/Notary Public

About Our Department
The Office of Town Clerk is a diversified position with many duties and responsibilities that are contained mainly in Section 30 N.Y.S. Town Law. Basically, the Town Clerk is the legal custodian of all town records, and therefore, is also the town's Records Management Officer responsible for the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive Records Management Program. She is the town's Licensing Agent, responsible for issuing all conservation licenses (fishing, hunting, trapping, etc.), dog licenses, marriage licenses, peddler's permits, disabled parking permits, and other licenses mandated by various state and local laws.

The Town Clerk must also complete and accurately record the proceedings of each Town Board Meeting. In addition, the Woodbury Town Clerk serves as Registrar of Vital Statistics, recording and maintaining files on all births and deaths; and Records Access Officer, the officer who accepts and processes FOIL (Freedom of Information) Requests. She is also a Notary Public. Her position is elected and carries a four year term.

Woodbury Town Code Book
If you would like to review local laws of the Town of Woodbury, please click on the following link:

Please note that any laws about Building, Planning, Zoning, Highway, Water, Sewer or Fire are no longer valid in this codebook.  Please refer to the Village of Woodbury at

Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get copies of records of interest in the Town?
A written request must be submitted for access to records. CLICK HERE to obtain the form. Copies of all paper records cost $.25 per copy. Copies of video tape recordings can also be obtained, however, the cost will vary.

Must I license my dog, and, if so, how can I do so?
If you already have a dog license and would like to renew online, CLICK HERE. There is a $1.75 surcharge for renewing online.

If you do not already have a dog license, CLICK HERE to download the dog license application.

All dogs in New York State, at least four months of age, must be licensed. Since Orange County has been declared a “rabies-free county,” a dog license cannot be issued without proof the dog has an up-to-date rabies vaccination. The fee is $20.00 for dogs not spayed/neutered, and $10.00 for dogs that are. Proof of spaying/neutering must be submitted to the Clerk's office before the discount can be given. If a dog is licensed as a result of enumeration, a $5.00 fee is added. Licenses range from one to three years in length. Seniors 65+ have reduced fees of $3.00 for unaltered dogs and $1.00 for altered dogs. 

How can I place a message on Channel 22 (Woodbury Community Channel)?
You can submit your message in writing to the Town Clerk's Office. The Channel is available for non-profit organizations only and can be seen only by households in Woodbury that have cable television.

What is needed to obtain a marriage license?
Both individuals to be wed must be present when applying for a marriage license. The fee is $40.00. It must be obtained at least 24 Hours prior to the ceremony and is valid for 60 days. A driver's license or passport and a certified birth certificate, must be presented as well as all final divorce papers (if applicable). An appointment is needed to obtain a marriage license. Once an appointment is made, the license will be issued while the couple waits about 10 minutes. After the marriage is complete, the couple will receive an original marriage certificate from the Town Clerk by mail. Each additional certified copy costs $10.00. CLICK HERE for the instruction letter and CLICK HERE for the marriage form.

Where can I register to vote?
The Town Clerk's Office has applications for voter registration. CLICK HERE to view and download the New York State Voter Registration Form.

How can I obtain a hunting or fishing license?
Proof of hunter safety must be presented when applying for a hunting license. If the applicant also wants an archery stamp, proof of the successful completion of a bow hunter safety course is required. Proof of NYS residency must also be presented, or higher out-of-state fees must be charged. Only proof of residency is required to purchase a fishing license. All fees for hunting, fishing, and specialty stamps are established by the State of New York.

Do garage sales require a license?
Yes. $5.00 application fee AND a $50.00 returnable deposit for signs. CLICK HERE to download the application.

Where do I obtain a Disabled Permit?
The Town Clerk’s Office is responsible for issuing these permits and can only do so to residents of Woodbury. A permit is issued to an individual, not a vehicle. If your doctor’s office does not have the form, please CLICK HERE, to download one. Part 1 is filled in by the resident, Part 2 is filled in by the doctor and Part 3 is filled the Town Clerk’s Office. A valid driver’s license or non-driver’s identification card is required to show proof of residency. If you do not have either, please contact our office to determine alternative documentation that is acceptable.  Please note, temporary permits (red tags) can only be issued for a maximum of six months. Permanent permits (blue tags) are issued for a two year period and are renewable without a doctor’s note. A letter will be sent to you by the Town Clerk’s Office when it is time to renew. Permits should only be used when parking in a designated disabled spot and should be stored out of sunlight when not in use.

Where do I enroll in the No Solicitation Program?
CLICK HERE and fill out the "No-Solicitation" Registration Application form and either email it to, fax it to 928-7380 or mail it to Town Clerk's Office, PO Box 1004, Highland Mills, NY 10930.

Do I need to register my house alarm system?
Yes. There is a one-time $5 application fee. CLICK HERE for form.

| Return to the top |

E-ZPass Tags Now Available at Clerk's Office
How do I get an E-ZPass Tag?
The Woodbury Town Clerk’s office is now selling E-ZPass tags as a convenience and cost-saving for area residents. E-ZPass tags are available for $25 at Town Hall, located at 511 Route 32 in Highland Mills. This entire amount will be posted to your account.

The tags are available for immediate use upon purchase, but must be registered, either online or by phone, within 48 hours of first use. E-ZPass offers a five percent savings on NY tolls and can be used in 15 states in the E-ZPass network.

“I am excited about making this service available to the residents of Woodbury.  E-ZPass tags are very convenient and can offer you great savings at tolls, especially in time for summer travel,” says Desiree Potvin, Woodbury Town Clerk.

As part of the E-ZPass On-the-Go Retail program, pre-paid E-ZPass tags are currently sold in municipal offices, grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations and AAA centers, among other locations.

| Return to the top |