pdf CLICK HERE (811 KB) to get a Town of Woodbury Dial-A-Bus flyershowing destinations, important rules and fares.
"A Curb to Curb Service" - Provided to you by the Town of Monroe
Beginning July 21, 2009 we will be providing service every Tuesday for Woodbury residents to come to Monroe.
We Will Service
- Walmart / Target
- Shoprite Plaza
- Stop and Shop Plaza
- Kohl's Plaza / Commons
- Woodbury Senior Center
How to Reserve a Ride
You may call us at 783-6222, Monday thru Friday to reserve a seat. You may call 1-5 days in advance. Our calling hours are 8:00am - 1:00pm. You tell the dispatcher where you want to go. We will set you up with a pick-up time and a return time (if requested).
- Be outside and ready 5 minutes before your scheduled pick up time. Our bus can only wait two minutes for you.
- Have the exact fare and pay the driver as you board the bus. Change cannot be given
- Sit down quickly and buckly up. Stay seated during the entire ride.
- You are responsible for all packages you bring on the bus. You must sit with your bags. Items to big for transport will not be allowed on the bus. See a driver for details or call the office.
- No eating, drinking or smoking on the bus.
- Disruptive behavior on the bus will not be tolerated.
- No strollers are allowed on the bus for safety reasons.
- All rides and changes must be made through the office and have at least 24 hours notice.
- Be sure to wait in a safe place for your bus. Do not approach the bus until it stops.
- We will not transport to M.W. Schools for school functions or activities
The fare is currently $1.00 per ride, per stop. For seniors 60 and over, handicapped and disabled riders, and persons with Medicare Cards, the fare is 50¢. Children ages 4 and under are free. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Cancellations and Changes
You must give 24 hours notice when canceling or making a change to a ride. Cancellations ONLY can be left on the answering machine. If 24 hours notice is not given, you will be considered a late cancel. If you do not show up for a ride, you will be considered a "no show". Please call for our policy.
The Monroe "Express Route"
There is also a fixed route bus that travels throughout Monroe and stops at all the shopping centers and in the Village of Monroe. This route runs every hour Monday - Friday. You can also connect to the Mainline and go to Goshen/Middletown. Please ask for a schedule or the "Express Route". For the fixed route you do not need a reservation. You must know where you will be to reserve a ride home with the Dial-A-Bus. Please ask for a copy of the route.
We are very pleased to start this service in your area. Please call our office at 845-783-6222 with any questions.